Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Hey Ya, Neil Gaiman!

My buddy Ryan King tweeted a link at me and a bunch of his friends tonight who, like himself, are trying to make our art matter for something. Those of you who already know me, know that I discovered Ryan before I ever knew him, and then knew him before I ever discovered that I'd already met him, because HE'S the one who made this world-famous video Which I'd loved for years MADLY, even after knowing Ryan, and then finding out a year into it that HE had been the same Ryan King that's in the credits all along! So it's fitting that he would wind up sending me the following inspirational commencement speech by Neil Gaiman on the timely subject of "Making Good Art."

Neil Gaiman Addresses the University of the Arts Class of 2012 from The University of the Arts (Phl) on Vimeo.

Thanks, Ryan!

No comments:

Post a Comment